1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what constitutes a "junk system"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Apr 7, 2012.

1. In 1980 when I first saw a 521 almost nobody had them. Valves were found the old fashioned way with potholes and educated guesses. In some ways hunting valves down that way helped me when I started using a locator. I'll be the first to admit I've learned more about how locators work from Jim. I'd be curious to see how that would change some of my methodology but ain't going to happen. I do believe relative to those in the industry doing what I did that my customers were getting a good deal. I charged by the hour and didn't charge for the locator and in most cases it was used maybe 15 minutes or less.
  2. HardRain

HardRain LawnSite Member

He wanted weekly rates, so you have to divide those by four.x

The system to which I referred was in a full sun area on a corner surrounded by asphalt. Installed by a well known company that would be recognized if I posted it. I know I'm not the ultimate expert on irrigation, but this silliness is just inexcusable!