1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What CPU program for lawn analysis sheet?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ATVracer, Mar 11, 2007.

1. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I am trying to make up a lawn analysis sheet on my computer but do not like using Excel or Word for it. Is there a better program to do this, or what are you guys using? I guess I will use a word version unless someone comes up with something neat. I just think a Word version looks generic. I don't have time to have them custom made this year. Thanks!
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Try Microsoft Publisher. Include check boxes for weed types, soil type, grass type, more. Or use one of the inexpensive generic quality Publisher clones. Potentially include BW or color photos. Put your phone number in big type, add slogans and a few lines of bragging. Leave room to quote the price and summarize the program and number of applications. Add some Word Art for flash. You may already have a program that will work. Do you have a banner program. Birthday card program? Business card program?
  3. I used Word to make mine.

It is easy, but I had to learn some of the tricks of Word.

Do you have MS Word?

Several people have made their qutoe forms available for download. I suspect if you search for "Quote form, bid form," and other names for lawn analysis forms, you will come up with some forms that already in use.