What day of the week is your easiest/hardest

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, May 9, 2005.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

What days of the week do you do the most work? and which are your easy ones excluding the weekends? seems to me the begining of the week is lite mowing but by the end of the week im slammed with so many other "projects" for customers and every one wants short grass on fridays for the weekend. Also should i let customers tell me what day of the week they wan't their yard cut?

2. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Wednesday's and Thursday's are my busiest, 12 lawns each, and Monday's and Tuesday's are my easiest with 5 and 7 lawns respectively. I work my way back from Thursday to fill up my route, still not done yet, not by a long shot. But my 2nd year in the business is going fairly well. I dont work on Friday-Sunday in case of rain. I leave Friday open hoping if their is a loss day, it is only one day and I can make it up by Friday leaving my weekends open for travel to my cottage or landscaping work I line up.

3. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

For mowing it would be Wednesday and Thursday. Tuesday is busy, but rather easy. Friday is light right now and done on purpose. Mondays depend on what I have scheduled. I use Monday for fertilizing, mulch, etc. Three of us finished a job this past Saturday that I planned on finishing today. I decided to leave today open and take the day off other than equipment maintenance. :sleeping:

4. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Same, Wed and Thursday, altho I do mix in some 10 day accounts, so some Mondays can be very busy, just according to how stuff lines up. Friday is usually half a day, unless we have been rained out!

5. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Mondays and Thursdays are my busiest. Fridays are the lightest, purposely.

6. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Good question. Also weds and thurs.

7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Seems popular Wednesday & Thursday are the busiest for cutting but I try to keep all days equal.Friday has always been a very light day for us like others done on purpose...but for some reason this year we got slammed with calls from the area's we work in on Friday and now it has picked up.

8. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Tuesday, wednesday & thurdsay are the busy days, monday and friday are light schedule days. Set up that way.

9. turfmaster90

turfmaster90 LawnSite Member

Mondays are a real killer for me we have about 9 different places we service totaling about 125 acres. We start about 7:00 am and finish up near 11:00 pm. The rest of the we we work from about 8AM til 3 PM.

Saturdays are used for a rain day if needed. My crew would rather work later during the week than mess up their weekend. That suits me just fine..........

I like to lift weights on saturday night........12 oz at a time.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

All the same...and too much as well. Period