What did Eric Elm do to help you?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Victor, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got an idea for a thread. Why not start a thread on here, where people can give examples of how Eric Elm helped them? I know he sure helped a lot of people on here, including me.

I'll start this thread off by giving my example.

I was just starting out in this business in 98, when I noticed a lot of pics on here that looked to me like people had been running a striperight through a tree. I had been running rings around trees and wanted to know how to make the finished striping look like the tree wasn't even there when I had been cutting.

I remember seeing pics of his lawns, with those beautiful stripes on here all of the time, so I sent him a PM and asked. Since I didn't know how nice he was, I didn't know if I'd even get a response back from him. I was suprised to get a response back from him in an hour, or two. He told me how to stripe around trees properly and was nice enough to give quite a few other tips. He even told me that if I ever had any more questions, not to hesitate asking him.

He sure was one heck of a nice guy.

Vic

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope none of you are offended, But how did Mr. Elm pass?? I first heard about him on another " lawn Fo&^m" , and it seems like he was a very respected and loved guy, I wish I could have known him, and his work was very nice..

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I believe he came down with a heart condition and went in for surgery. not long after the procedure, there was a problem and he died of a complication...if my memory serves me correct.

the subject of the thread: "What did Eric Elm do to help you?"

I learned that it is OK to be a nice guy on this forum and that it is OK to treat people with respect.

I try to aim high in these regards even if it seems I fall a little short sometimes. :eek:

GEO :)

4. MOJO111

MOJO111 LawnSite Member

5. new-man

new-man LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

i learned that you can do anything that you want to do
    and you can make yards look as nice as you want them to

6. Lawn Sharks

Lawn Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Victor,
    I would love to hear what Eric told you that day. Would be nice way to reminisce about his expertise.

7. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

i never heard of him!

8. gramps

gramps LawnSite Member

now you did

9. doublesharp

doublesharp LawnSite Senior Member

Eric had a great schedule on maintenance for Dixie Choppers that I mostly follow. I'd never heard of double blades until he posted about how good they work. I bought Peltor am/fm hearing protector after he recommended them (although I bought the worktunes and not the digital tune model Eric used). His posts were always well written, informative and knowledgeable.

10. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

When did Eric Elm pass away and how old was he? He sounds like quite an individual.