what did i do wrong with this mower swap?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape LawnSite Senior Member

I had a older ransom 48" walkbehind running fine, trans goes out, so i pick up this lesco 48" all intact minus the engine. I take the engine off the old ransom, mount it, with some custom fabercations, and i put it all together and it runs fine, well after a few min its just stalls out, wait a min or 2 it fires right back up. So i clean the carb check the fuel, blow out the fuel lines and same thing. Also if i start it up and try to engage the trans right away it stals out right away. IF i just let it sit there it runs for 3 or 4 min. The fuel filter is full when it stalls so i dont know.

thanks

Rich

2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like a safety switch isn't right.

3. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Def something Electrical

4. Scenic Lawnscape

sense this isnt a electric start, where would i start looking for electrical problems?

5. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

I think I have the diagnosis here. Taken from Star Trek and the Trill who are native to the Alpha Quadrant. They are symbiotic life forms....

When a host and a symbiont are joined, the resulting individual is considered a new being, and .being joined is an honor that only a small portion of the race is capable of .

maybe it is not worthy of it's host! :eek: :p

man that lady pissed me off more than i thought!

6. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Pull the safety switch under the key and see if it starts and runs in gear.

7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Sounds like fuel starvation, or bad gas, water in gas etc. since you say you already cleaned out fuel circuits? I doubt it is electrical , but when it dies take the plug wire off, put on a known good plug and ground, motor over eng and check for spark.

8. Scenic Lawnscape

this is what i was thinking but there is fuel in the filter so fuel is getting down that far

9. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Have you checked the governor linkage on the carb??

10. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I have had fuel filters let crap by, I.E. dirt and had to go into the carb twice[ replaced filter the second time] to correct symptoms like yours. At this point I would get clean fresh gas, in cleaned container, new fuel filter and pull the carb down again. Also make sure you are not introducing dirt into system when you pull the fuel line.