What did you breake this year?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Nov 17, 2001.

1. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

2001 dodge ram tranny. 10 000 miles. dont even ask.:angry:

2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawngodfather...I dont even know I asked the customer " do you have an irrigation system and or any gas lines in your yard "
    he replied quickly with NO...so I started the aeration and at the end I had realized the plastic chunks on top of the lawn. I guess he never used the system and must have been farely new to the house. I never asked and I didnt have to replace the heads. He didnt plan on using the system.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I can't believe how many people have had major truck problems here. So far, 43% of those responding to this thread have had serious truck breakdowns. I must be lucky. I have not had a serious truck problem since I started this business 11 years ago.(Knock on wood). Of course, I don't plow snow, and I know that is tough on trucks.:)

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I plow and I have a 97 F250 HD 4x4 and I must be lucky too. The only thing I broke was the bead on a tire so I could fix a rim leak with a new coat of sealer on the rim.

5. My 1/2 ton Dodge love to break. My 3/4 ton Dodge has had only one problem and it was the tranny cooling line came off while plowing a big storm.

6. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Fricken' tires on my enclosed trailer. Out of the four (tandem axle), had to buy one new one, two holes from screws really tore it up. Two other tires had a nail and another screw, and a third is still leaking and I can't find what or where. So pretty much every tire is giving me grief. I've been pulling snowmobile trailers and motocross trailers for the last ten years, every weekend doing one or the other, never ever had a flat or leak. Now, this year, it's making up for it. Maybe I have a LCO enemy? LOL

7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Well other than having to replace the spindel bearings on my 9yr old Snapper Walkbehind for the first time everything so far is going just fine. Marks Mowing Service Its Amazing what the power of prayer has done for me.

8. Edited by Eric ELM 11-19-2001

9. plow kid

plow kid Banned

At least I am not stupid enough to get a walk behind mower stuck in someones backyard and lie to the customer saying that the stair climbing system was broke, If you want to start a pissing match I am game.[​IMG]

10. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

Lets see,

- 1 section of fence, backed into it with the mower
    - got mower stuck in a gate, bent the hinges and took about an hour to get the mower out
    - plenty of flat tires and small breakdowns like that
    - new radiatior in truck- 500.00
    - front end work on truck from plowing

thats all i can think of right now but there's alot more, it was along season and plow season hasn't started yet either.