What did you buy over the winter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Well there it is. What did you buy while board this winter with the lack in snow in some areas?
  2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I bought all the parts for a pc and put it together.. Great experience, works great and is ready for me to input a HUGE database and output lots of invoices for customers :)

That's it...
  3. Pauls Mowing

Pauls Mowing LawnSite Member

I picked up a John Deere 955 4x4 tractor with loader, and just recently bought a 5' rotary mower for it. Waitin' for spring!

4. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

i completed one of my goals over this winter. I purchased a truck before i was 16. I paid cash and still have enough to get my toro or exmark hydro in april (birthday present to self)
    The truck is a 1995 f250 XLT 4*4 extended cab, 8ft bed, 460 engine automatic transmission and i just need to add a reese hitch to it and ill be set for spring.
    i did pick up a bluebird aerator for $200 and bluebird dethatcher with 2bags for $50 and ariens 8/24 snowblower for $615 all at auction. the ariens was in the box too i paid half the retail cost.
  5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I picked up a new 16' enclosed trailer today, my first enclosed ever. I learn slowly, and I finally realized how much it was costing me for 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes at night to load and unload. Now, everything is in there, locked and out of the weather, and no more wasted trips back to the yard for tools we forgot. Can't wait to get out and use it!Mike
  6. BobbyBcuttin

BobbyBcuttin LawnSite Member

Well i purchased my first plow truck it's only been used 5 hrs all season, i figured we would have a slow season should of waited till next winter
  7. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Digital Camera. Now I need to use it. Post cards (first time)
  8. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Sad to say I didn't make any significant purchases this year. Almost bought a 2000 F-250 with plow, very very nice truck, still considering it, just gotta figure out if i really want to spend that much...
    dlandscaping- where did you find an auction around here? I am out in Sturbridge, and have never seen any good auctions advertised... let me know.
  9. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

Got a john deer lawn mower for this upcoming season,new john deer weed eater, and a used 4 wheeler to help out with my commercial fert. accounts. Wishin for a barely used truck to come across my path before fall(perferably a 1 ton desil duelly).

10. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

(1) new Air-Flo V-box salter.
    (1) new 9' Fisher plow.
    DIG Software

pretty much it.