What did you do today?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by naturescaretaker, Dec 1, 2004.

1. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

As I sit here in the office stuffing the monthly billing (about 450 envelopes) and looking at this board every now and then I notice that there are a few people that are online. My question is what did you do today to:

1) Expand your business?

2) Make money?

3) Plan for next years business?

4) That didn't involved a computer?

For me, I am going to finish billing and get it out in the mail. Then go pickup a new 44" walk behind and a new attachment for the Bobcat. 4 crews are out, 3 doing clean ups and lawn maintenance. The 4th crew (4 people) is laying 85,000 sqft of centipede on a commercial job.
  2. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

I've been done for a week now, all bills are sent out. So for the next week, Im taking it easy around the house watching the morning news, mail call on the history channel, the learning channel, and are addicted to the weather channel (guess most of us are). I've got my snow plow ready for the winter season minus rebuilding a pump. :D
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

only slept for 20 mins last night because I was waiting for the snow storm to end and I was watching the radar. Went out at about 3:45am to start snow removal and got done about 9:15am. I am tired, just about falling asleep at the keyboard and thinking to myself, "this is the last season for snow removal, you can hang in there, you are almost done...be a man."
  4. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Finished all my clean ups saturday and its raining cats and dogs so im sitting on the computer bored out of my mind.Have to get a couple snow plowing contracts out and thats about it for today.
  5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I sat in the office for almost 12hrs on Monday getting all the bills out and caught up on some paperwork. Today it's raining like a SOB. So much that I don't even want to head down to the shop, or get dressed for that matter. I'm sure someone is there fixing something, but no one went out today. Been crazy with cleanups so everyone deserves a day off. I'll probably head down there later. :)
  6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Paponte, how are you doing with clean-ups? I'm still looking at 2-3 weeks of work. I'm just really hoping the weather holds out, the last two Decembers were brutal.
  7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Slept in, read the paper,straightened up the house drank some coffe while online with you guys.
  8. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i don't do the billing
    but we mowed a few places with rye
    then the rain started.
    we're having some siding replaced at our office as the last hurricane drove alot of water behind it, and it has started molding, So I met with the contactor to go over some issues that arose yesterday.

I have been calling vendors lining up materials for next week's work.
    talked to a property manager about a timeline for work that is getting ready to take place.

sun is out now, so i'll be back at the shop winterizing some equip, then heading to our largest property and marking about 60 sprinkler heads that are to be moved this month
  9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

woke up, had coffee. went to post office. talk on lawnsite. drink beer. lift weights. later i'm makin roast beef
  10. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

The same thing I did yesterday.. I've been painting our bedroom for the last two days in preparation to receive new furniture tomorrow. I've sucked in quite a bit a fumes and come to the computer to clear my head.

So to answer your question specifically.. no I didn't expand my business, nor did I make any money today. Always planning in my mind for next year though.

Will sit down this evening to do billing and hopefully enter receipts into QBs.

Back to painting.... :waving: