What did you guys post???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nitro121, Jan 14, 2008.

1. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

Last week there was a post where someone who actually owned a Redmax 8001 and BR 600 posted that the Redmax beat it in actual working situations. Then it was gone....I emailed the staff and they just said it was deleted. I've never seen that happen before....seen them edited but not deleted.....you guys must have been going at it over brand loyalty. ;)

Peace out.

2. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, the Redmax guys must have been feeling real bad that day. LOL. Someone deleted the thread to make the pain go away.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I own both (well should say owned) as do several others here on lawnsite.

There is no more powerful blower on the market than the 8001... PERIOD.
    Nothing even close... PERIOD.

When I sold my business I kept one backpack... what do you think it was?
    You guessed it... I let the BR600 go... hadn't used it (personally) since I got the 8001's.

Anyways, there was also another thread about the Shin 8510 v/s the RedMax 8000.
    That one got deleted too.
    I put up a really really good informative post in it too...
    Oh well... you can tell it is winter... and nobody wants to play nice...

4. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Knew I'd get a rise out of someone.:laugh:
    I havent even run a Redmax, so I'm opening up myself for a whoopin' here. But I had to say it first, before anyone else. :waving:

5. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Envy this is the first time I've dissagreed w/ you on something, but have you ever used the eb8510 side by side with a 8001 in real leaf situations I have and thats why I own a eb8510. The eb8510 would push the bigger piles farther and faster

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I sure have.

Understand that I ran Shin stuff exclusively for landscape products for many years. I mean nothing but Shin until 2000-2002... something like that.

I never moved away because of the products. I loved them to the very end. Local parts distribution issues and loss of dealers is why I started trying other things.

So, with that being said, I still look at Shindaiwa every time I make a purchase, because of the history, and because the best small engine man I know works there.

So, I thought the old 630's were good blowers, and I already had a 4-mix/C-4 product. So I tried the 8510 when I needed to add more blowers for a new service I was starting.

To be honest with you, I noticed the difference in air speed, but I did not see much other difference it working power above and beyond the BR600. Not enough to even pursuade me to add a DIFFERENT machine when I could just get another matching BR600.... much less enough to make up for the extra weight and bulky size.

So I found the 8510 to pretty much be right there with the other 'once top' blowers.... 7001, 751, 600, etc... except more air speed.

I was tired of wrenching on the 751's, afraid to buy more 600's, and found the 7001 and 8000 uncomfortable. So I went and told my dealer about the 8001's that were about to come out and got him to order some for me on a gamble I would take them once they arrived if I found them comfortable. I did, so I bought them.

At first when I first put the 8001's in the field, I was rather frustrated with them... because they weren't broken in yet and because of the big wide air stream. So I thought of the air speed of the 8510 again and tried one along side the 8001's.

I found that the 8510 was very good at picking leaves out of hedges and stuff, like the BR600 but better. But the 8510 didn't move near as much air as the 8001's even when they were breaking in. So the brute force of the 8001's v/s other blowers sold me on staying the course with them.... and once I stopped running them on Amsoil at 50:1 and got some break-in hours on them, I have never looked back. I have since had the 8510 along side them and it's not even close. I told my sub to grab an 8001 and take an hourly pay cut (for using my equipment) or go home.

RedMax also has accessory high speed nozzles for them if you often need that high speed concentrated air stream for cleaning shrubs, etc.... and I think they blow at least 235 mph with them on if not more, which makes them faster than the 8510, and they move more CFM.

7. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I own both as well. The redmax does much better.

8. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Envy,
    Thanks for the response...I'll have to take a closer look @ the 8001"s because I'm in the early years of my lawncare biz....and I'm sure I'll need more big blowers in the future.....and I actually plan on getting another big blower next leaf season

9. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

it was Shindy vs. Redmax from last week....it was there Friday and gone Friday evening. I'm just looking for my first backpack and going to spend the extra 100 - 150 to get the biggest even though it's just for grass blowing.

10. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, it was weird, right after I posted a pic of Janet Reno playing golf in a tennis skirt :eek:, the whole thread got deleted.:dizzy::dizzy:

No, seriously, I can't imagine a blower thread getting that heated, there are what, 3 blower threads a day here. My guess is that someone was bashing a sponsor and the sponsor didn't like it... though that is just a guess, I remember the thread, but didn't see it toward the end.