What did you pay for your Hustler?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Soupy, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

What kind of prices are some of you paying for the 52" Hustler Z, or 60" Super Z?
  2. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Got a price on Super 28efi 60" the other day.... Are you ready..... Are you sitting down?

That is not a typo!

Thats aussie dollars which amounts to about $14000 or so US!

Now come on you lot, complain! :dizzy:
  3. DrByrd

DrByrd LawnSite Member
    from Va.

Last month 60in. 27 kohler super $7100 out the door ext. blades & oil change kit.
  4. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Was that a demo? or used?
  5. Downunder Bob

Downunder Bob LawnSite Member

Yeah Mick must agree with you there. When the price of a Hustler in Oz, is around double the price in the States, with our dollar worth 75 cents US,
    seems a lot of freight and dealer charges there.
  6. Jozgators

Jozgators LawnSite Member

Just bought a Super Z 28EFI. Dealer is selling them for 7900 another is selling them for 9000, go figure
  7. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I could get one imported by a friend of a friend and only pay freight and duty. Probably save $4-$5 grand.

But no warrenty!

I reckon the prices we pay suck!
    I thought we were supposed to get cheaper American imports after the free trade agreement!

DONT LOOK LIKE IT! :angry:

To be honest, Hustler are over priced here compared to other equipment.
    I could get a Scag Turf Tiger 29efi / 61" for $20k if I put money down now and wait 2 mths! Thats a saving of $4k!

JD 29efi 60" $18000 for example only!

I reckon if I could get a Super Z for $18000 to $18500, be a good deal considering!
  8. DrByrd

DrByrd LawnSite Member
    from Va.

I called at least 6 dealers and this one had two at this price new 1 hr. on it. Said needed to make room for plows and winter equipment that was to arrive. Here again prices fluctuated from $9500 on down. The next closest was $7600 w/25 Kaw engine.
  9. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

last 60" super z with 25hp Kawi that we bought was $7200 after taxes, etc.

You definitely get your money's worth out of hustler equipment.
  10. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Well I finally got the dealer to come down from the MSRP he originally quoted me (I guess he was hoping I was a sucker) I told him he would be wasting both of our time if he didn't get down to $7000 (not including tax etc.). He said that if I am not in a hurry to wait and see if Hustler comes out with a rebate, but either way he would do his best to get me a $6995 price. This is for a 52/23 Z. I own one already that I got 1 1/2 years ago from a homeowner for $4500 with 28 hours on it. He had it one summer and was selling his home so he let me have it cheap. I wish I could find another deal like that :)

I wish I could get a super Z because I like the stronger pumps. But I don't want a 60" and I don't want to give up any trim on a 52 deck.