What did you purchase this year? What's in line for next?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Looks like everyone has BIG dreams for next season.

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We are located in S. Maine and our 100% groth is a low number due to we didnt even include hydroseeding, or our retail mulch facilty along with misc services like irrigation. Our maintenance services should be approx 100% groth and we have 32 lawn set up a 5cents sqft at 22,000 sqft per property so that alone should bring in around $35,000 which 80% is profit. So no dreams here only trying to find reliable help.

( Homer we have openings and a company vehicle plus use of a 2,800sqft lake side condo in winter months for employees while plowing.) So come on up Homer we will put ya anywhere ya want.

3. JimK

JimK TURF MAGAZINE Publisher

Jim at TURF again ...

Yes I did ignore you guys and got the crapsman ... Reason? I didn't figure I needed an expensive mower just for one weekly mowing of 2 acres. (cheap, cheap, cheap). So now you suggest I buy a Murry push mower? That's what I replaced with the crapsman (just kiddin).

4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

This fall I sold my half of the biz to my partner and Cin and I just put a down payment on a house. Its nothing fancy but its something to call home in the older neighborhood on the quiet side of town.

She doesnt want me to contract the mowing out our friend who does our duplex so this weekend I have to buy a YardMan 21" for the lawn and a Cub for the drive.

Heres the cub I have in mind:
    http://www.cubcadet.com/Scripts/Common/Generic_Nav.asp?Brand=1&Content=160&Nav=2&prod=805

Kris

5. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Didnt buy anything this year but I did pay off the Toro wb. For next year I hope to purchase a new weedeater,backpackblower and 52" supersurfer.

6. CODYHEATHER

CODYHEATHER LawnSite Member

This year:
    Used 48" Exmark wb mower,
    2001 GMC 1/2 ton 4x4
    Walk behind Aerator

Next year:
    60" Dixie Chopper
    21" trim mower
    Thinking about trading my belt drive 48" wb for a new hydro model.
    7' x 18' enclosed trailer (if I can sign a couple more commercial jobs, or building a 30' x 30 garage for my toys).
    Stihl trimmer.

7. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

This year

Exmark lazer XP 60"w/31 hp.
    Exmark turf tracer 36" ecs
    Exmark turf tracer 48" ecs
    Echo srm 260 (2)
    Echo pb650

Next year

Maybe a truck loader

8. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

98 f-150,echo hedge trimmers,edger,back pack blower(and some nice stuff for the wife):)

9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Brian,

That sure sounds appealing.

By the way, what is snow and what would you plant in it after you plowed it?

The lake house sounds cozy as heck. I could stay there while ya'll were plantin' huh?

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Us southn boys don't know what snow is. We remember someone telling us about snow cream once.