what different brands of skid sprayers are all out there

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Side Lawn Care, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Green Side Lawn Care

Green Side Lawn Care LawnSite Member

i am looking for a sprayer on skids with about 100 gallon tank. what are the good brands and who has the best deals in central illinois.

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I have always used lesco sprayers and they are good quality sprayers. I have a couple 200 gal units that I'm planning on selling next spring. one is Honda powered the other has an 5gpm electric pump.

3. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

indyturf is correct, lesco makes a good sprayer. about the only thing different between sprayers is the frame. most all have a hypro pump, hannay hose reel, and a honda or kawa engine. i like the lesco because it has a 16" lid instead of the standard 10 or 12", and it does make a BIG diference, also the lesco has a valve to drain the entire tank via a bottom drain in the tank. and the price is right on, since lesco has stores all over, you don't need to pay the shipping. if you do get a lesco, just don't buy any parts from them, they will rape you on them.

4. teeca

hey indy, when are you planning on unloading your spray tanks? let me know

5. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

they are winter projects! just need cleaned up a little since the have been setting for a couple years. I going to put a new engine on the gas powered pump. give me a call if you want to look at them @ 317-852-5310.

6. Rhett@Gregson-Clark

Rhett@Gregson-Clark Sponsor

Green Side,

If you are looking for an alternative to Lesco go to www.gregsonclark.com or click on our sponser link above. Be sure to check out our new 2006 product catalog by clicking on the link on our home page. For pricing call 800-706-9530
    Thanks

Rhett Clark

7. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

My vote is for Gregson-Clarke all the way! I think it has a better design. Mine came with a locking lid (something Lesco told me they didn't offer on theirs), my Gregson has what many pump experts told me is a better pump (Udor Kappa), than the pump (hypro) that comes on the Lesco. The service and expertise I've gotten from Rhett is unbelievable.

With the Gregson, you can leave the motor/pump on the driver's side of the truck if you drive a pickup, or you can mount them on the passenger side if you use a van.

If you have a problem with your Lesco, will you have someone as knowledgeable as Rhett to help you out of a jamb?

I'm sure the Lesco is an excellent unit, but I went the way I did for a reason. I felt the Gregson was the better option for me.

Lesco doesn't just make, or sell spraying equipment. They make and sell a lot of other equipment as well. Manufacturing spraying equipment is all Gregson-Clarke does. In my opinion, it gives them a decided leg up on Lesco.

Vic

8. teeca

i've seen the engine/pump on the drivers side of the cab, wouldn't work for me since i run my pump all the time, the engine noise would be too much while driving, gnc puts theirs on the drivers side also.

9. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

wrong every lesco in oklahoma city they have people fix them .....very cheap too at the shop where you buy all you chem and fert just fyi

10. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

and theres a whole lot more lesco stores i havent even heard of the company here in okc ....but thats just my opinion not trying to put u down vic just saying