1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

WHat discounts do you offer to attract new customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FERT-TEK, Feb 5, 2007.

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello fellas, I am currently working on some marketing materials and would like to know if you offer discounts on services to attract or keep customers. Which ones worked the best if any.

This year I am looking to maximize my marketing by offering "special discounts" on my marketing materials. PS these discounts will not affect my bottom line significantly but may get current customers to spread my name by word of mouth. Give a little to get a lot. I was considering the following;
    -Senior citizen discounts
    -Good neighbors discount for 3 or more neighbors signing up at same time.
    -Each referral given. (maybe $20 off on one service)
    -Discount for year paid up in advance
  2. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

The only discount I offer,and it is a huge hit with everyone,is if you are a returning customer I give 10% off your yearly contract for full payment up front.

Hope this helps.
  3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I give referral rewards. Normally about $30 off a service for referring a new client who stays with me until the end of the season. I also offer 10% off a yearly contract if they pay in full before the day I set for the season to start. I've never had anyone actually take me up on the offer, but it's always out there. Most of my clients know that periodically I will spend a few extra minutes doing something out of the normal service agreement, which they always appreciate.
  4. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I have been thinking about giving $30 off 1 months bill for each customer they send me. I was wondering if it would work as well.
  5. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Refer a friend- if yor referal signs up for a yearjy service you get 10% off your next bill.

10 % off total price when you Sign up for a lawn fertilization program.
  6. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I have never done that.:)
  7. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

I do the refer a friend. I pay $20 cash for customers who sign up for year. and I tried something new last week...never thought it would work. Abuddy that I work with being a smartass said I should advertise on myspace.com...well I thought about and said HECK I got over 100 friends on there....soI posted a bulletin stating that I was looking for referrals and would pay $20 every referral that signed up. Within one hour I had 4 leads! NO one signed up yet. I think I'm gonna try it agai this week...of course they had to be within my service area..
  8. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

On the bottom of my invoices it says refer us and for every 2 people that sign a seasonal agreement and mentions their name they get 1 free cut.

This year i am thinking of any person that has a spouse over seas in the military i was gonna offer them 10% off the monthly bill with signed seasonal agreement.
    I live near ft.meade and a few women i cut for last year their husband was in irag.

Anyone who could help me word it though would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to get the wording without it being long winded.
  9. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I'm going to try this for the first time in this season and that is to give existing customers one free cutting for each customer they can give me. We'll see how it works....
  10. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I give any reffering customer a little "Mow Money"

ltdlawn likes this.