1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What disease is this?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by CoastalEmpire, Aug 2, 2004.

1. CoastalEmpire

CoastalEmpire LawnSite Member

It only affects the leaves on about a quarter of the tree. The holly is either a "Mary Nell" or a"Nellie Stevens".

resized  copy of p1010047.jpg

2. B&B

B&B LawnSite Member

it could be anthacnose. prune out affected leaves, treat w/ daconil every 7 to 10 days.

3. I have seen bushes that got some weed control product on them have similar looking damage.

From the picture, its impossible to tell if the damage is in a location where weed control damage is a possibility.

4. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

6. CoastalEmpire

CoastalEmpire LawnSite Member

I can assure you that this tree is not getting too much H20. I agree that it's either scorch or some kind of herbicide that got 'wiped' on these particular leaves. But rest of tree is healthy.

7. greenerpastures

greenerpastures LawnSite Member

scorch

see it occasionally here on holly of various kinds now that it is 100+ degrees.

8. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I get this a lot on newly transplanted burford hollies in the heat of the summer. I think it's just heat stress and drought.

Never seen it on established plants that were irrigated properly.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper