What do customers think about the PO Box?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GG Green, Mar 6, 2007.

1. GG Green

GG Green LawnSite Member

I've heard that when using a PO Box, customers might think that you are trying to hide something or might not be there the next day. Have you had any negative feedbacks from customers asking why you are using a PO Box compared to your home address......Or do they just not question it?

2. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

i use a PO box and always have....i dont think there is anything wrong with it. plenty of businesses use one. They probably just assume that you dont want to get your business mail at your home.

3. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

We have used a P.O. box for years, never had any problems at all.

4. ironman1994

ironman1994 LawnSite Member

I use my home address because it has been easier for me. My father in law has been using a PO Bx for his company the last 3-4 yrs and no one has said anything about it, so I'm leaning more to getting a PO Bx here in the next month or so.

5. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

PO Box means "shabby operation" in my eyes, but "to each his own".

6. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I disagree - however - to each his own.

My business has utilized a PO Box for years with none of my high end residential, school districts, and governmental customers uttering one word.

I like the quicker access, lack of theft of payments, more timely posting as we drop off our accounts receivables are posted the same day at our post office.

My personal attitude regarding PO Boxes is that it means the business has an established, reliable mail receiving and posting ability.