What do do first? New Shirts or Vehicle Lettering?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sancho_man_orlando, Jul 14, 2007.

1. sancho_man_orlando

sancho_man_orlando LawnSite Member

I finally have a few extra $$$'s that I can spend on either new t shirts with my logo or vehicle lettering with my logo and phone number?

Current t shirts are not attractive and were made with a cookie cutter guy riding a lawn mower on them and I'm down from 15 to 3.

If you guys had a few bucks to throw at either one of these options... which would you choose?

2. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

I chose the t-shirt route this season. I've picked up several new customers for $9/shirt. I had them made professionally. I handed them out to family and friends and even customers and it was well worth it. What works for me may not work for everyone else. You may want to get a few other ideas from other businesses before settling on t-shirts or vehicle advertising. Good luck.

3. Cubguy

Cubguy LawnSite Member

More people will see your truck lettering.

4. greg1

greg1 LawnSite Member

No dought with the price of advertising and fuel costs that your money should go to truck lettering first.

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Truck lettering no doubt. It's very good for name recognition.

6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

get the truck lettering for sure, i got mine done and iam getting much much better work, with me being only 19 people take me much more serious now that my truck looks the way it dose. i cant wait to put some picks up of it

7. sancho_man_orlando

sancho_man_orlando LawnSite Member

What would be a fair price to pay to have a chevy 1500 lettered?

All I really want is my business name, phone number and logo on 3 sides. Nothing fancy.

8. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

we pay $150 for full size trucks, 125 for short bed trucks, the guy will do whatever you want as long as it is under so much lettering. our trucks look like a moving bullentin board.

he does mail order to, let me know by PM if you want his # or not. maybe price sounds to much for ya, not sure but he does good work.

9. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

That's weird. I thought they would be for staff.:laugh:

10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I paid about 375 to have my truck lettered, sides and back. Logo, phone number, and also a couple lines of text on the sides and rear of the bed to lis my services.

But yeah, get the truck lettered is my vote.