1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do I charge for toy removal from the roof??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LakeMurrayLawns, May 13, 2004.

1. LakeMurrayLawns

LakeMurrayLawns LawnSite Member

I was cutting one of my residential accounts today and their 4 year old flew his cardboard airplane onto the roof.. I saw the misses on top of a latter with a toy hockey stick trying to knock it off. Being the southern gentleman I am I had to stop mowing and go assist. She actually offered to pay extra for the help. I figured it would just be better left as gratus so the next time someone stops by and trys to undercut me they might remember a good deed done.

Anyone have any similar instances.
  2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you did a good thing LML. Im sure she appreciates that & thinks highly of you. I stopped & helped a very good customer who had recent knee surgery get her outside furnature pads down from her second floor over garage storage. I think it seperates us smaller more personal lawncare guys from the larger "to big to care" lawncare companys.
  3. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I wouldn't charge anything unless it started to be a frequent occurrence.
  4. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

keep up the good work
  5. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

Ever needed help and had a friend offer his or her assistance? Did you get a bill from them later? Life is not about money, it is about being a good person. If they offer money for assistance then maybe add on, if you offer to help consider it a deed well done. It always seems to come back in Spades. I always offer help to those that need it.If they ask "What do I owe you?" I tell them "if you see someone in need of help then help them, that is all I can ask because it might be me or one of my family."