1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do I charge....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mr lawn, Mar 16, 2002.

1. mr lawn

mr lawn LawnSite Member

For the last few years I have run a very successfull snow plow business. To keep up with the times, and to keep me busy (because I got laid off), I decided to go into lawncare. What would you charge to mow a 100'x100' lott, and take care of the edging, do the weedeating, and the misc. cleanup? I really have no idea, and was looking for a rough idea. I would imagine the norm is once a week. I have quite a few house in the development, and think I could get 4 or 5 of them. That I think would be plenty to get started for my first year. Please let me know what all you experts out there think.... I am open to any suggestions. I also am on plowsite, These websites are great...

Thanks in advance all....
    Mr Lawn
  2. tpl

tpl LawnSite Member

My price would be anywhere from 50-75 dollars. It totally depends on wether or not the lawn has a grade, how much am I edging, and how much am I trimming.

Look up the search function at the top of every page. You will find countless threads on this.
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

100x100 lot is 10,000 sf

Does this include a building and/or house?

Not knowing your economic conditions up there, but for me around $40-$45 weekly. Maybe a little higher due to trimming.
  4. mr lawn

mr lawn LawnSite Member

There is a house there and a drive, but that size was just for the front and back lott added together.... The drive is 16'x60'. Small sidewalk to the house, and a fenced in back yard.... With a small pool......Thanks for all the help.....:)
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with 65Hoss. Sounds like it can't take more than 20 minutes or so. $45 max unless there is a ton of trimming.
  6. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

for a normal "easy" yard that I could get at least a 36in deck in the back I would say $30-35 going up with difficulty and extra trimming. Open spaces are much much easier to mow.