What do I do with this?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by TrinityELC, Feb 21, 2008.

?

I asphalt better than lawn service

Poll closed Feb 25, 2008.
  1. Yes it is

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. It all depends

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. undecided

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TrinityELC

TrinityELC LawnSite Member

Hi fellow Lawnsite enthusiast. I come here and find useful information all the time. Thank youfor allthose who share yourexperienceto help us along. Lastyear I bought an F-Superduty off a guy that said it only needed a cab mount for short money. Afterbuyingthe truck I sent it directly to my cousin shop. Low and behold a cab mountwas theleast of its worries, damn. We replaced the clutch, slave cylinder, hubs, brakes, shock, fuel pump, windshield wiper motor, all eight glow plugs and harness, two new batteries, fabricate brakets for the shocks,and grease everything. The total parts came to about $2,000. The truck is a blast to drive now, but I still need a cab to seal the deal. Here my situation; In the past I've owned a Chevy r30(heavy dump truck, well considered light duty) and an 84 f-350 diesel dump with a heavy duty suspension. To make a long strory shortit costs about $1100 to insure these vehiclees commercially with a personal split. I went to my agent yesterday and I wastoldthat it would be in the tune of $4200 to insure this truck. I gasped for air courtesy of my asthma pump and then askedif I could register it for lesser weight at 10,000lb which would keep it under my existing policy. Is there something I am missing? I want to finish the truck since I put so much into it. Plus, it has a trans brake, which it awesome. I posted some pictures.

Trinitylandscapepictures 230a.jpg

T 340.jpg

Trinitylandscapepictures 345.jpg

Trinitylandscapepictures 343.jpg

Trinitylandscapepictures 159.jpg

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not sure I understand what it is you want to do with the truck when you finish it.

I'm also not sure what it is you want to do to it to get it finished.

It looks like a money pit to be honest....

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

What weight were you going by for the quote? I think those years carried a 14,500 or 15000 gvw. I got a quote on a 94 through erie insurance. FULL COVERAGE for $750 is. Liability only was high 6's.

I'd be looking for a new insurance agent.

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

what??????? i have my kodiak insured for $ 470 per year!!!!!!!!!!!! its at 26k gvw

5. TrinityELC

I went with a 10,000lb quote which would have been about $1100. When I was advised by my agent to be cautious of DOT I quickly gave 14,000lbs a try. Well, I got a quote of $3,000 more. So now its like do I get rid of this? Massachusetts has a weird insurance system here. My F350 was registered at 10000lbs. This F450 has a special place in my heart now since we totallly rebuilt her. I going to call Erie and cross my fingers that they cover Mass. Any Mass people out there that can help?

6. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

Personally i think ur insurance agent is getting rich off of u no way is this junk 4k to insure!

7. ericlemson

ericlemson LawnSite Member

So did you just take his "word" that the vehicle was in perfect working order? Did you not look at your 3rd picutre and say, "hey, I might want to get this thing checked out"?

:hammerhead: :hammerhead::hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

lol... I bout fell out of my seat.

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

"I just like voting in polls" should have been an option on this thread.

10. TrinityELC

Hey Ericlemson, did you not read my "words" that it needs a cab? It's a work truck yes a new seat would be nice. Sorry about the poll