what do i do

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, May 17, 2005.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

ok first i pick up two new lawns there right next to each other the one guy is a great customer, but the other say that i haven't cut his lawn yet this year. so far i have cut his lawn 4 times, now every time i try to call him or i got knock on the door no one answers or no one returens my calls. i only got one call form him when he siad i haven't cut yet. so next thing i know all the funiture is gone out of the house.what do i do??? do i stop cutting or do i keep cutting till he contackts me?
    don't mind the spelling
    alex

2. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Stop cutting, unless you have a contract signed.....other wise you doing it for free......it sounds like you might be out some $$....

3. fel

fel LawnSite Member
    from Jax Fl

Definately stop cutting, sounds like this guy has not intention of paying, he was probably moving anyway and was just getting some free cuts, it's unfortunate but it happens

4. Cimarron Landscape

Cimarron Landscape LawnSite Member

Sorry to say...it's a no-brainer. Stop.
    Fortunately I haven't had anyone refuse to pay me. Most of my customers remind me :)
    Good luck...hope you aren't out too much :)
    Makes you wonder though if people think they can take advantage of us that are minors...it's frustrating. I've had people tell me my prices are too high, trying to get a good deal, but I'm one of the least expensive in the area. :rolleyes: oh well.
    ~Brian

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

How long do they have to pay you? My agreement is invoices are sent out at the end of the month and are due back with in 15 days. If they are past their 15 day pay period we stop cutting.

6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Stop everything! Unless this is a charity lawn. He should have made some sort of attempt to notify you of what is going on. You're working for free.

7. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i bill at the end of the month and they have 15 days to pay and it hasen't been 15 days yet i was going to cut it once more then i'm done

8. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The furniture is gone?

What does that tell you?

He's gone too!!

9. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Do not cut the lawn again. He will not pay you. He has moved out.

10. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

You're not earning a boatload of money that way! :cry: