What do i do?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Budget, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

I was just informed that one of my customers past away last night.His Son called and left a message on my phone. Good customer always paid that day and never complained about anything.

What should i send to the family?
    Never had to do this for a customer!

Thanks.

2. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

send flowers

3. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

flowers are always good

4. greenoasis

greenoasis LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

I would send flowers as well as a card with your condolences. The personal note might mean a little more than the flowers, but flowers seem to be the standard.

5. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Write a thoughtful handwritten message in a card and send it to the family. I don't think flowers are necessary.

6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Send flowers and a nice card to the family and if you knew him for a long time and built a friendship with him over the years I would also suggest going to the wake and expressing your condolences in person. I shows respect for the person who died.

7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Def send flowers and a card and go to the wake if you can make it

8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Flowers and a card at the least...

They cost very little but show that you care, and will mean a lot to the family.

9. KUSTOMLAWNCARE

KUSTOMLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Send flowers or a plant with something like, sorry for your loss from your friends at (your buss. name). Have you seen the people that look at the flowers and who they are from there is quite a few of them. Shows you care and advertising at the same time.

10. bj1bmx

bj1bmx LawnSite Member
    from NJ

i had a very nice customer die in a fire last year and had outstanding invoices due. i obtained the parents address from the neighbor and sent my condolences along with a note explaining that the balance was $XX to be paid out of her estate when convenient. Received payment no problem within a few weeks. Felt horrible asking for the money but its business. Be professional and human at the same time