What do I need to charge?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 31bro, Apr 12, 2007.

1. 31bro

31bro LawnSite Member
    from IN

What do I need to charge for 82,000 sq. ft., blanket spraying herbicide and fertilizing? Thanks for your replys.

2. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

What is the cost of the materials,
    All liquid or liquid and granular'
    Walking or riding

3. 31bro

31bro LawnSite Member
    from IN

walking fert granular and riding liquid spraying, cost is about 75 for fert and about 30 for herbicide and yes I am licensed

4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

$250-$300........

5. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

thats less then 2 acres, mix fert and weed control togather as a liquid app and do it all in one pass, should take a little over an hour if you walk it, riding less then 30mins. $300 would be good profit.

6. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

fert granular pushing a spreader close to two acres fairly level, how long would that take,how many times back to the truck to reload, 80lb or 150lb spreader, I'll still push a spreader on a small lawn but anything half acre or more I do with perma green, I would think close to 45 minutes to an hour to push a spreader close to two acres. Twenty minutes to spray.

A 50 lb bag of fert(mesa) cost between $17 to $23 does 10k to 12k -plain scu which I don't use $9 so my cost would be a lot higher for fert, broadleaf herbicide maybe $5,
    if did everything with riding I would be close to $300 to $325 (with mesa)
    Lest expensive fert and herbicide $227

7. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

With a Permagreen or Turf Tracker, very generally speaking, $220.00, with variances for difficulty of terrain, drive time, products spec'd., etc... Walking the fert.? $300.00 or maybe a little less.

8. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Why would you want to charge less if you have a riding spreader/sprayer? I know I didn't spend 6k so I could charge less!

9. maxkicker

maxkicker LawnSite Member

damb straight

10. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Because you get done faster, and are less tired, so you can do more jobs per day, and make more money/profit. I understand the arguement, but I don't agree with it. If I have to pull hose or push a spreader, it costs the customer more. I call it a "hassle factor."