1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do I need to do about insurance?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by hillibilly, Feb 14, 2006.

1. hillibilly

hillibilly LawnSite Member

I have seen on these forums that a bussiness despertly needs insurance. I have a couple of questions though about it all.

Does being insured get you any more accounts, or do people really look at that?

Also how much on average will it cost be. Understand that I am 16 and have a little less than 1k to my name as we speak.
  2. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

commercial companies will look for it, prob. not to much of a seller for private but still a good idea.
    prob. looking at around $100 a monthcanada
  3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

but if you dont have it, and a rock goes flying, hits a kid or a car windsheild, that car goes out of control, kills a bystander..... your PARENTS will loose eveththing they have....

best thing to do is try and find an existing company to work for for a couple of years till you get of legal age...then you will have more experience, and some money saved.....

good luck:)
  4. CC Lawncare

CC Lawncare LawnSite Member

You sound like an enterprising young man who will do well in life. Don't ruin that by having a tragedy happen that you are not insured for. As Toledodave said, you and your parents will forever regret not spending a couple bucks on insurance. Hopefully, the insurance money that you spend on premiums will never be needed but better sage than sorry. Best of luck to you in the business.