What do I need to start up legally?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by C & T Landscaping, Dec 9, 2010.

1. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a post somewere that is preatty detailed on the subject that may help you, if i come across it ill post it here.

2. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

This is very true.Seeing customers in your home will get you in trouble quick. I was thinking more on the lines of having equipment and trailers at your house. Some HOA or city codes don't allow it.

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to my world. I had to have a special waiver from the HOA just to park my lettered truck in my own driveway.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. newjerseylandscaping

^^^^ thats rediculouse, i feel your pain though thats why my truck is staying plain when i get it, maby a metle signe or two.

5. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

some hoa's will let you park your truck and trailer at home if its parked behind the house or in the garage.

6. newjerseylandscaping

Yea that use to be true by me untill someone started parking 3 E350 cargo school vehicles across the street and the garbage truck hit my dads truck and the guys van. The cops came and they made him move them right then. then tthey proceded to bother the guys two doors down for having a f-350, its his personal vehicle and has non commercial plates on it. they claimed that it needed commercial plate because its a diesl, He pulled out the pappers from the DMV and the cop went runnin. Funnyest thing ive seen in a wile.

7. joel29m

The subdivision I'm moving to agreed with me to park my truck and trailer on side of the house but I need a fence up so it won't show, but a fence will go up the day after we move in.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. newjerseylandscaping

Fenced in all around? so they cant look down the drive? or just the side?

9. joel29m

Just from the side of the house to the other side.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. newjerseylandscaping

thats fair i guess, keep the neibors happy, thats the key, i have a disgrunteled neibor and a neibor thats preatty cool as well. i like the non disgruteled better as hes not an idiot.