what do i need?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by freshprince94, Feb 10, 2008.

1. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am starting a small lawn care service in the Orlando area and am looking into purchasing a new mower. I am currently using a Toro 21' but want to be more efficient. What mower do you recommend? I will be cutting mostly St. Augustine grass. About half of my accounts will have gates. I am open to a ztr or w/b, as long as it has a sulky.
    My dealer would either be Five Star Tractor or Landscape Supply. Do these dealers have a good rep with you guys?
    Thank you for your help. I hope to be purchasing an eXmark in the near future.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

freshprince94,

First of all, I'm extremely jealous that you are writing in from Orlando. I was there about a month ago and the 75 degree weather was quite nice compared to our sub freezing temps here in Nebraska! I saw a lot of interesting things during my trip, especially a bunch of guys using our Metro 36" belt drive. I'm not sure if this machine will fit through most of your gates, but if I were you, I'd go measure all the gates you need to get through and make your decision on that. You may have to go w/ a Metro 32". If you don't want to go that small, think about asking your accounts if they would like a new gate (a wider one)! There are a lot of landscapers that offer this type of service in order to get larger, more productive machines on the property. Lastly, if you have the financial resources I would highly recommend a hydro. You won't be sorry.

Hope this helps,
    KC

3. freshprince94

lol about the temps. just one of the perks of being a floridian.
    i have to measure my gates, but ill check out the 32 and 36 metro. whats the list price on those?
    thanks for your help.

4. eXmark

freshprince94,

Of our entire product line, prices vary the most w/ our Metro line. This is because our distributors see value in promoting our entry level product. I urge you to visit w/ your local dealer in order to determine pricing in your area. Below is Exmark's suggested pricing:

Metro 32 = $2,699
    Metro 36 = $2,999

Later,
    KC

5. freshprince94

can the metro 32 pull a sulky?

6. eXmark

We do NOT recommend pulling a sulky w/ the Metro line. You'll have more luck pulling a sulky w/ our Viking Hydro or TTHP hydro.

KC

7. freshprince94

sorry to bother u with msrp stuff again, but can u tell me the price of the 36" viking hydro? i would much rather pull a sulky, even if it means spending more.

8. eXmark

A Viking 36" hydro will run you around $4,799.

9. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I recommend a phazer 34" ztr. It has plenty of power and is small enough to get through gates. And it is in the same price range as the viking and tthp 36"s but instead of standing or walking you are sitting.

eXmark, Why don't you recommend using a sulky on a 32" 36" metro?? Mostly every 32" 36" w/b always has a sulky hooked up to it even if it's belt driven.

10. freshprince94

S-man:
    i was looking at the phazer. even though it is 2 inches smaller than a 36 w/b, is it as productive?
    i noticed u have a phazer. is it the 44 or 34? does it cut well?
    thanks