1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What do landscapers want/need?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by PannellsOutdoor, Aug 13, 2010.

1. ProMaintenance

ProMaintenance LawnSite Member

I went in to my local Sthil dealer and told the salesman i was looking for a good back up trimmer for only occasional use and the first thing he showed me was the FS 250. I asked him if he listened to anything I had said. He then just walked away. The hard sell pissed me off. Now I go to the shop in another town because they never try and push the top of the line, they listen to what i need and and get me what I want. Because of this I trust their opinion and when they say "No man this one is worth the extra money" i listen.

2. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

ProMaintenance, get the redmax tr2350S. It is extremely light weight, and has plenty of power and reliability is through the roof. They are $250. I use them as my primarys. My guys cannot stop talking about them. You want your weed/edge guy to be happy? Give him one that fires first pull and weighs as much as a stick. Then go b!tchslap that worthless salesman. You were in the wrong dealer to begin with anyway. Redmax/husqvarna make the legit trimmers.

3. ProMaintenance

ProMaintenance LawnSite Member

Southern pride thanks for the advise, I have been looking at the redmax stuff on line and was wondering about them. Everything i use now is sthil cuase that is all the local dealers carry. At this point i am willing to drive the 25 miles to get stuff fixed and to not be jerked around.