What Do Others Do For A Spring Clean-Up?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by NewkirkPropertyManagement, Mar 22, 2006.

1. NewkirkPropertyManagement

NewkirkPropertyManagement LawnSite Member

I am getting ready to start my season soon (unfortunately it snowed 3 inches here yesterday) and one of the first things I'm doing is a Spring Clean-up for a large parks system.

I was wondering, what all do you guys include in a Spring Clean-up?

Thanks in advance, and good luck to everyone this season! :usflag:

2. Northern Naturals

Northern Naturals LawnSite Member

Our spring cleanup is pretty basic, but thorough. We blow all leaves, remove all sticks, stones, sand, etc. from plowing.. We repair plow damage, clean out all the beds, then edge the hardscape areas. Pruning or any other work is extra. We don't "de thatch".. I've found that 99 percent of lawns do not actually have a true thatch problem in the north, and the guys that are doing it are actually stressing the plant more than necessary. The new grass will grow through a little dead, and the blowers get most of it anyway.

3. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I do whatever the property needs with the equipment I carry for general mowing. Trim & edge everything real tight, blow all the left over leaves onto the lawn and mulch them or bag them and cut the lawn fairly short the first time to give it a nice tight look. Pick up sticks and paper a must......prune a few shrubs...

4. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

We blow out and clean out all gardens, pick up any debris, and then use the JRCO dethatcher to dethatch as we mow and cut low.