What do some of you...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CLC, Feb 28, 2003.

1. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

What do some of you guys & gals; do for a "special" on your flyers/ door hangers? Like do you offer a discount if you call before a certain date?
    Thanks for the help
  2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Satisfaction guaranteed or your grass back.

(special applies to bagging-service customers only)
  3. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I have never done brochures or flyer's. Most of my lawn customers are referrals from an existing account.
    A lot of times when I bid a lawn job and I really want the account, if I think its close to a sale, I'll say " If you don't like my work, you pay nothing". It works almost every time as a closer, and I've always got paid.
  4. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

thanks guys keep the ideas coming
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My guarantee is way better than this. Mine is, "Satisfaction guaranteed or DOUBLE your grass back!"
  6. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Spring special is 10% to 20% discount if the sign on with contract. Plus I offer referrel discounts. For every costumer that signs a contract through a referrel, that customer will get half off price of one service or a free cut, depending on how big their property is, for each referral. Word gets out. I have found that this is one of the best marketing techniques so far.
  7. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

Never needed to put any incentives on the hangers. We just keep passing them out and the calls keep coming in. Already signed up 8 customers in Feb, and snow has been on the ground for probably half the month.
  8. ToG

ToG LawnSite Member

i know it sounds a little hefty but with careful bidding we should be ok, plus i need to get in the door somehow. we're offering a 5% discount and a 5% donation to PAWS (a local, no-kill animal shelter) for everyone who signs a service agreement. in all that's 10%, a good chunk of change, but we get to advertise at the shelter and it gets us in good with the softies out there.