1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What Do U Do For Winter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SERRICO, May 20, 2004.

SERRICO LawnSite Member
    from TX

May b too early to think about but what do u do during cold winter where there is no snow. (texas):mad:

Last year I did some tree prunning but what else?

Got idea!
  2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I do alot of leaf cleanups. and I also plant a TON of Pansies. Flower be cleanups. Flower bed installs. Trim trees in the fall (not the winter). Do alot of fertilizing as well. Fence repairs.

and SLEEP ALOT.

Advertise a bunch, and read ALOT on lawnsite.com
  3. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Every year from November 1st to March 15th I go to my winter home in Florida, and Relax, If there is alot of snow in the forecast for my area, I will take a cheap flight home for a week or so and help my employees Plow, My favorite thing to do is PLOW SNOW

What kepts me going all year is looking forward to the off season to relax on the beach
  4. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

I don't do nothing for winter. Winter takes care of itself.

Seriously- In the winter you can do lots of odd jobs like carpentry work, painting, sell Christmas trees, as well as leaf cleanup.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

snow removal and pruning..also get FAT

BOSS MAN LawnSite Member

We do a TON of fall clean ups. We stay just as busy in the fall as we do in the summer. We get calls for tree removal, bed cleanouts, gutter cleanouts and so forth. Just think of some things you could do in the fall and get to it NOW. Don't wait until fall rolls around to start. There are a number of things that you can do to stay busy.
  7. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Plow, plow, plow & other odd jobs. Also have a p/t job and they let me set the hours.