1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do u do when nature calls?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Mar 3, 2007.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Do u stop, pack everything up and go to the nearest gas station. Do u have a porta poty with your rig or do u find a nice little private area and hope no one sees u. If later, have u ever been caught???
  2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Become one with the environment:cool2:
  3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I try to plan my routes so we can take pit stops at gas stations, and fast food joints, if I need to, yes, I'll leave a job and hit a McDs or gas station.
  4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Thankfully I have a bunch of accounts with at least one side with woods. Most of them have dump spots off in a secluded area so most of the time I can make it look like I'm "dumping", LOL, my bagger. Thats for #1. #2 I'll hold it till the next restroom I pass. You get to know where they are and which ones are clean enough to use. There is a fruit farm in the middle of 2 of my routes that I am friendly with the clerks and they let me use it when I REALLY need to. Its funny there. One time the asked if I felt better because I looked like I was going to pop. Some most of the time 1 is in the woods and 2 is at a restroom.

Been busted twice in 8 years. One the homeowner was talking to me as it was hanging out behind the bagger on my lazer. She never knew. The other time the neighbor asked "can I help you" I wanted to let her but she knew what I was going to be doing and asked me to go somewhere else. Former co-employees from last jobs have been busted and got phone calls after to the office. It happens to all of us.

I know one guy who has a box truck that has an extra large plastic cup form McDonald's in the back of his truck that he goes in while in the back of his truck. gets out and dumps it and nobody has ever seen it.
  5. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

When you gotta go you gotta go. I'd rather do it out in nature anyways. LOL!!!
  6. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

#1, I usually go in a bottle or large cup just inside the door of the truck. I try to make it look like I am looking at something inside the truck...that way they dont see a stream coming from under the truck while I am standing there, then when finished get rid of the evidnce somewhere. #2 wait for a bathroom somewhere...used nature only twice...extreme emergency only.

On a side not when I used to work for a friend mine, one of the guys walked into the woods to go #1 behind the tree...wouldnt you know with his luck the neighbors from behind our customer saw him and called our customer to complain...bottom line the guy was banned from that lawn :hammerhead:

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Do a search for a thread called "Peeing in the bushes". This about covers it.....and covers it again,....and covers it again,...and...well, YOU get the picture. We melted ALOT of snow with that thread!
  8. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats one of the benefits of using an enclosed trailer. I always carry an empty bottle
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

woods....for #1 if i can find em! #2 stop somewhere
  10. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Answer the call, but never on a customer property.