What Do U Tell Them When They Ask For The Receipt?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clyde, Jul 29, 2004.

1. clyde

clyde LawnSite Senior Member

I had a customer ask for a receipt the last time i did a bed and I said i ll email it to you ... which i never did.

but what do YOU tell em if they do .....

i feel if you want me to do it its obviously within budget anyway.

so whats the big deal.

CLyde

2. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Some people just want a paper trail of their purchases. You don't bill your customers anyway? I don't see what the big deal is to mail them an invoice.

3. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

What is the big deal?
    I have always provided invoices for work performed on a customer's property.
    Besides, it helps me to manage cash flow, stay current with accounts receivables and tax information.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Tell them it extra, That will stop that nonsense.
    John

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Go to Office Depot. Get a receipt book. Probably $3. When they ask...write them one. Duh!!

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

What kind of receipt are you talking about?
    You mean a receipt from you for the work you have done?
    OR
    Do you mean a receipt from the nursery for all the plant material you purchased for the beds?

7. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

She probably paid you in CASH? Right? And wants a receipt to make sure you don't come back later and claim that she never paid.

You know how us lawn guys are.

If she had paid you in a check, then she would of at least had that for a record of payment.

8. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

I sent an invoice, the guy paid in cash (after 2 months) and then he said can I have a receipt. I just dont know what to send on the receipt. Do I put like His name paid $XX on date for the service of ------. and sign my name??

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

His name, address, services provided, cost of services, name of your business and address. Like Hoss said, those statement books are next to nothing at any office supply company.

10. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

If you provided them with an invoice,simply write PAID IN FULL and your signature on it.
    I like to leave a receipt(Office Depot) after final payment,to go along with the invoice.Receipt books have carbonless copies that you can keep for your own records.