What do u think i should do

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by toroboy, Jul 20, 2001.

1. toroboy

toroboy LawnSite Member

Hi im 15 years old and i mow 7 lawns . I was thinking of getting a 36" exmarkmetro mower do u think i have enough lawns to start looking into this mower , o and i am planning to get more customers if a get this mower, so do u think this is good idea or bad idea THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

This will depend on the size of the lawns and how much you get for them. If it is 7 $10 lawns, no, but if it's 7 $30 lawns or 7 $50 lawns, makes a big difference in what we can recommend for you to do. Give us some more to go on. :)

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

torograsshopper--it does not matter how many lawns you have if you have the urge to come of age.

it is a natural thing.

don't fight it.

that is...as long as we're talking lawncare!

if we are talking coming of age with the lawn owner's daughter...forget that I replied!!!:D

GEO

4. toroboy

toroboy LawnSite Member

I Have 7 lawns that r 5,000 square ft. and i get $20 for 5 of them and $25 for 1 and $30 for another one , but netx year the 20 dollar lawns are going up to $25.

5. Shane Nelson

Shane Nelson LawnSite Member

GO FOR IT, IT WILL BE A VERY GOOD INVESTMENT FOR YOU, AS LONG AS YOU CAN AFFORD IT.Your lawncare will make you more money if you put more into it, but stay were you are comfortable with the payments.Dont go overboard,But for your question,Yes I would invest in this kind of equipment,But check other dealers and brands in your area and make sure your dealer will give good service and back you up.I personally would buy nothing but John Deere.

6. clhartma

clhartma LawnSite Member

Definitly go for it. I was in the a similiar situaiton this year. i have about 15 accountants and decided to get a 36". I also got the 36"exmark with 15hp kaw and its great. Make sure u get the mulch kit its awesome. Good luck

7. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go for it. If things don't work out you can always sell the mower. ED

8. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

You might want to get the 48" instead, probably only a few dollars more.

9. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

You will never hurt yourself with better tools or equipment. Provided you can justify spending the money. At the seminar in the Louisville Expo we were told "If you do not spend 20 hours or more a week with the piece of equipment that you want to buy, then it's not worth the cost". However in your case it's a little different. You will add more and more due to the fact that your image of a professional will be better, and your lawns will also look better. Plus it's the right thing to do to better your business. You always have to start from somewhere, so just go and make the next step. I hope it works out well for you!

10. Hoosier Mower

Hoosier Mower LawnSite Member

Sounds like you have the desire for this job so if you have the money I'm like the rest of the gang, go for it...if it does'nt work out you can always sell it. Best of luck to ya bro.