What do u think..........

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dapeoplesbarber, Jul 22, 2007.

1. dapeoplesbarber

dapeoplesbarber LawnSite Member

Like I mentioned before I am just starting out and picked up 2 accts....my mother in law and my parents..LOL....Any way what do u think of me sending a letter to the other local landscaping companies informing them that I am new and if the have to many accts or would just like to downsize I would gladly take the accts from them? Just a thought you think it would insult them or not? Give me some input.

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Not sure that is the best approach. Why not just talk to other LCOs when you see them at dealers, the landfill, gas station, McDonalds, WalMart, etc. Once they get to know you, and see that you do good work, then let them know you are interested in expanding. It would also help to refer work to them first, stuff that you dont do (like fert/herbicide, aerating, irrigation, tree trimming, etc.).

3. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

I agree with KS_Grasscutter. It's great that you've picked up your first two accounts. You'll be better off posting flyers, signs, business cards, or possibly going door-to-door to find new customers. Good luck.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

That's what I'd do. You'll probably get a ;) if you ask another landscaper for their work.

5. Waterscapes By Design

Waterscapes By Design LawnSite Member

How long have you been in Corpus?

What middle school and high school did ya go to?

6. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I think you should hit up the rest of your family then start on your cousins.

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Dont do that, If your the frendly type ya wanna go talk to them, jsut find a reason to approch them, Ask about there mowers and such.

wait a while, always wave when ya see them, let them get confortable with you, "dont push it"

when and if another co. gives you leads or even accounts there's a reason...