what do u think?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by hot_wheels21, Apr 14, 2004.

1. hot_wheels21

hot_wheels21 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

i figured out what i want to buy a walk behind mower and have been looking at the gravely ones mainly the 36" pro g but i dont know if its any good or not. and whats the difference between the prosteer models and the not pistol. thanks in advance. i only have $2,700 to spend so im limited.

2. Coastal Lawn

Coastal Lawn LawnSite Member

Hotwheels
    I have had my Gravely 32 Pro G for about a month and am happy with it. I bought a 32 to allow me to get through standard size privacy fences. If I were using it for mowing complete yards I would probably have got a hydro. When it rains the tires sometime slip and I weigh 185 lbs and with a sulky it doesn't pull very well. Outside of that it starts on the first pull and cuts anything I point it at.
    Good luck , Coastal Lawn

3. hot_wheels21

hot_wheels21 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

i dont know if i would use a sulky or not i weigh 154lbs id like the excercise.but anyways couple ?'s for u.is it hard to get on a trailer.or hard to maneuver like pulling back when u get to close to something. o and if anyone knows any lawnmowers similar to this that are better can they throw some links or names my way thanks.