what do u use to hold down your sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jeff_0, Aug 27, 2003.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

i have a lesco space saver 200 gallon spray tank... when it's empty and i make turns the sprayer will tilt.. what do u use in this case for you all that have space savers on a pick up...
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I just have a strap hold it in from sliding back towards the tailgate and nothing to keep it from rocking back and forth. I does on occasion, but never really thougt it to be a real problem. I could put a strap over the top to keep it from rocking.

3. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Twin straps, one up high one down low, it doesn't move at all.

How do you guys take your sprayers in and out?

I am thinking about some type of a pickup from an overhead beam and drive out from under it. What do you use?

4. I have just a skid, it gets bolted down.

Hey you got any pics, I have yet to see one of those in a truck yet?
  5. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

I made a table on wheels the same height as my truck bed so slides in or out and roll into the garage.

GLAWNLLC LawnSite Member

we welded on brackets that line up with the bolts in the back of the truck bed and bolt it directly through them into the frame. we use skid loader to lift in and out of truck.

TOTALLAWN OF KY LawnSite Member

i use 2x4s wedged in so i can take my tank in and out as needed quickly. i just wedge them in and have never had any problems in 4 years i use the 300 gallon lesco setup and use 2 on each side and a 2x8 in the back it never moves . i used to bolt it down but
    some times the bolts get rusted up and its a pain to unbolt.
    i now have 3 trucks , 2pickups and 1 1ton flat bad that im going to put 2 tanks on this winter 1 for lawns and 1 for tree and shrub
    it works for me but do what works best for you
  8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

When I bought mine the lesco dealer told me that 2 guys could unload and load the 200 gallon space saver, but it was much easier with three people. After doing so I would have to agree, three green people that is.......Incredible Hulk triplets. I had 4 guys and my sister trying to load it and could not be done. Maybe if the truck was backed in a loading dock. A 3/4 ton pickup just sits too high. I thought about a pulley system also, but I would have to rig it up outside somewhere. This summer I have not had to use more than 1/2 of my truck bed at a time, so I just left it in there. I also think it looks a little more professional sitting in my truck since I have had my logo put on my doors. I was giving an estimate earlier in the spring and the guys says "oh wow, you have a company truck and what's that in the back?", "A tank sprayer for weed control", I replied. "Oh well, give me an estimate for that also". He passed away before I got do anything, but you see my point. There are advantages of leaving it in your truck. I have also picked up 5 accounts from my full-time job just from people seeing it in there.

Heres a pic

tank sprayer.jpg
  9. GLAN

GLAN Banned

I've seen a guy around me that has a small enclosed trailer dedicated for the sprayer.
  10. CCLAWN

CCLAWN LawnSite Member

2 six foot straps...side to side...no movement

sweetgum and truck pix 035.jpg