What do u use ur BP blower for?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KathysLGC, Nov 21, 2003.

1. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I've noticed I use mine for alot like gutter cleaning, year round cleaning (whats a rake?) drying my car after washing it. oh yeah and who needs a broom?

2. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've too have used it for drying things.
    I've also seen snowmobile grass drag racers use them to cool their clutches after a run although they usually have handheld.
    Fun for chasing the wife around the yard (gets a raised eyebrow from the neighbors).
    I'm considering trying it for light snows, and in place of a snow brush, but I don't know if it will work very good, and how goofy will i look?

3. KathysLGC

lol is she wearing a skirt when u chase her?

I have used it for light snow and its fine. What i really like is how clean i can get steps. I have been looked at while using my BP in the winter but at least I wasn't using a shovel and breaking my back!

4. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

GREAT for drying my Harley! gets water outta the cooling fins, nooks and crannies.
    Norm

5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

If i get a chance i'm going to try the backback snoeblower idea this winter

6. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

When you live in Wisconsin, you use anything for snow removal. Who cares what you look like? I think you look smart compared to the guy with the shovel. I'm also told the fire department uses there Red Max for putting out fires!

7. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I used it a bonfire to get the embers going, in retrospect i should of used a hand blower

8. KathysLGC

the key to using a BP for snow removal is to clean the snow when it's no higher then 2" other wise it'll be blowing back on u and take a long time to clean.If ur just doing steps and the snow is light u can go higher like 4-6"

9. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

I used it when burning leaves to keep the fire going. You just have to stay back a little.

10. Mowing Mike

Mowing Mike LawnSite Member

When I had my great dane I used it to dry him off after giving him a bath. Becareful around his ears and face. My dog loved it, got him dry fast.

Mike

echo 650