What do we do in the off-season?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Christmas Decor, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Christmas Decor

Christmas Decor Inactive

I'm looking for something to do in the offseason--considering christmas decor franchise--any ideas out there?

2. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

I think I may just sit on my azz awhile, at least till Jan.

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Use the search button above, and use keywords like "winter income", "winter work", etc.

You'll find plenty to read.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Me too. It's called absolutely nothing...except snowplowing of course when required lol :D

5. LawnMan38

LawnMan38 LawnSite Member

The best part of owning a seasonal compay is that you do get to sit on your a$$ for 3 months and gain all that weight back that you lost in the summer

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi thegreengiant,

I think holiday decorations is a great idea. It will bring you more money and keep you in touch with your customers all year long. Let us know what else you are considering.

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I do nothing but be on call 24-7 for snow removal. It's not fun doing snow removal on Christmas and New Years Day. Did it on Christmas last year...the Mrs. wasn't too happy, but she could tell that if I didn't get out there and do it that I would be in a grumpy mood

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Me too. Except no snowplowing. :sleeping: :sleeping:

9. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

i don't really concentrate on income but preparing for the next season by going over all my equipment and ideas for ADVERTISING

10. reneekrause

reneekrause LawnSite Member

We stay fairly busy catching up on side work, overall equipment maintenance, repairs, solicitong new business, etc. We do however take time to camp and family activities. Plus catch up on our home yardwork!