What do ya think of my price

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ferdinand711, Nov 5, 2006.

1. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 LawnSite Member

okay guys so i wanted to compare my price from your's so i ask this question before but i didn't get that much returns. oh well here it is. what do you think of my price on the brick edging?

quantity unit price w/20% mark-up labor total + 20%
    1 ft $1.00 $1.05 $2.46

$2.46/linear foot , what do ya think?

2. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

I think you are going to learn some interesting lessons.....possibly quite painful to your pocket book, if you just base your price on linear or sq. ft. prices. I use linear/sq.ft. prices as a base line reference, but other variables such as access, soil conditions, excavation all are added into the equation. Even if it is just brick edging around the edge of a lawn take into consideration root systems, existing irrigation systems, phone/cable lines and clean up time after the job is complete.

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Well. I think pricing that way is a dangerous practice at best.
    What about picking up the bricks? Unloading them? Moving soil dug out?
    Renting any equipment? As well as what was mentioned above.

4. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

For reasons mentioned in the other posts, I don't do any kind of installed brick or concrete edging for less than $4/ lineal foot. There will always be issues that come up to make the job more difficult and take longer than what you planned on.