1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do ya think of this companies Doorhangers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by gogetter, Feb 8, 2005.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Thanks Tom, but I've been playing around and I'm sort of getting the hang of it..........I think!.
    I have one more that I'm going to post here..........as soon as I figure out how I just did the last one LOL!

Thanks again though.
  2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Last one..........:

3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Well.. I just sent them an email to have doorhangers made. I sent them a file of my home-made flier to see what they can come up with.
  4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Cool hopefully you'll share it with us when it's done. You going to put them out yourself Tom?
  5. Lawn-Scapes

I may help pass them out but I have a friend that wants to handle the sales end of my business. He is going to do most of the distributing himself and handle all of the estimating. He will earn 10% of any new business he closes.
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi gogetter,

Good job! Let us know how they work out for you.
  7. Lawn-Scapes

Well.. it's been a few days and I have received NO contact from these people. Have to look elsewhere.......
  8. Shane Scaife

Shane Scaife LawnSite Member

I am having them do some work for me. They sent me some temp plates to work with and we worked out a good looking door hanger. They will be printing 10,000. I did send them my own idea and they said it would cost more to have it done my way and was a lot cheaper to use their temp plate. It's costing me $422 for the 10,000 with shipping.
  9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Is that to say he receives 10% of revenue generated from a mowing client?

I am not knocking it, just curious. I had proposed an idea to a friend of mine a couple years ago. I told him if he passed out doorhangers and any new mowing clients that signed with me, he would get the income equivelant to two weeks of mowing, which sounds slightly less than what you are offering. I am offering 3 free mowings this year for all new business which is closer to what you are offering your guy, but I still have to give the estimates. I wouldn't want it any other way. You must trust that guy well if you let him give the estimates.
  10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Tom, are you sure there wasn't a problem with e-mail maybe? This guy has gotten back to me within 24 hours both times I contacted him.
    Maybe there was a mix up of some sort.

I'd say give him a call to make certain that he got your e-mail before you make a decision. Good luck.