What do you all think of Cub Cadet?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by emt144, Jan 4, 2006.

1. emt144

emt144 LawnSite Member

I am thinking of starting a buis this spring part time with only around 10-15 yards. Cub cadet is offering no interest no pymts for 1 year for their financing. You can look at the mower I want to buy at http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category2_10051_14101_16201_16200_16200_-1

Im looking at the RZT 50 for 2999$ It comes with a Briggs 22hp vtwin motor.
    I have almost everything else I need to start. Would this mower be worth buying. 3000 is about the limit I want to spend for a zero turn mower right now. I figure that I can pay the mower off with the money I make this season. If anyone else can let me know of a better mower for around that amount of money, I would appreciate the input.

Also I live in NE Oklahoma. I live in a county of approx 18000 people. There are a few other lawn companies in my area but most of them arent to professional. Im 22 years old and work as a paramedic on Sat and Sun, so I have pretty much all week off to do my own thing.
  2. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

I think I would try and find a used commercial ZTR with low hours before I would go and buy a homeowner ZTR. You may want consider Hustler and Toro for homeowner ZTR's, if the homeowner ZTR is your only resort. Hope this helps.