What do you charge extra for on lawns?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wayne Landscaping, May 14, 2004.

1. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

I charge extra if the customer wants me to bag, if they have swingsets or any other annoying obstacles. JLC Services also gave me a good idea to charge extra for corner lots due to the extra amout of grass. So, what do you charge extra for?
  2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

double cutting......
  3. rmartin

rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass

dog crap, pesky customers, and neighbors
  4. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

PITA customers are always get charged more.
  5. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

animal fertilizer, if you know what I mean,

everything else is usually factored into the price when I establish the contract with the client. some like it bagged all the time, and I usually charge an extra $5 to do so.

the main thing is to charge for everything you are doing, so if you charge $25 for x amount of work, and the x amount of work goes up, so does the charge! it's the only way to stay on top.
  6. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

Not really a question of charging "extra", only charging a price that will let you make a profit.......

Each is as unique as they are typical.
  7. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

For every tree that knocks my hat off...I add .75...for every time I pick my hat up:D
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

many things: bagging, hills, a lot of trimming, fences, high liability areas, low hanging trees, wet areas, (too many more)
  9. Superior Lawn Care

Superior Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I wouldnt call it charging extra unless you have somesort of a base price you charge all of you customers. i bid on the account according the how much time and effort it will take to get the job done. extraswould be if you do something extra that is not in the original contract.
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is what basically I consider as well. All of the things I listed are what I look at when pricing the lawn