What do you charge for a Pre-m Application.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by overtona, Feb 16, 2013.

1. overtona

overtona LawnSite Member

I generally charge about $40 for a 12k sqft yard. So that's about $23 profit on my end.
    Sometimes it tough to sell customers that the February is on of the most important treatments. They generally see the need in June when their lawn is 70% crabgrass.
  2. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

That seems very low. I would be around 55-75 and i don't think you are looking at all of your costs when saying you profit 27. Drive time, fuel, wear and tear, ect.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

I don't see how you can make money at 40 for 12k. I don't have any that big but I have 6k sq ft lawns I get about 40 - 45 per treatment. but I guess you mean for just pre m? Nothing else?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. overtona

overtona LawnSite Member

All of my of my yards are larger than 18k sq/ft. I wish I had some small yards
  5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

$23 is your margin--not your profit. About right for a retail store. If...you drive out to the site, you have to charge at least 30 cents a mile as vehicle, insurance, depreciation and gas expense, you have to charge for your drive time (unskilled labor at $10 per hour), if you actually apply the pre-em; you have to be licensed--then you are skilled labor at, at least $20 per hour. If you have a garage, computer, need stamps, phone or legally required liability insurance...then you have overhead and each application must be charged for an equal share of that overhead expense.
    A big company around here charged $22 base fee and 6 dollars per thousand, 2 years ago.
  6. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing less than 60. Ever.

12k here will get around 60-70 depending on distance, difficulty, etc.
  7. jgrs7

jgrs7 LawnSite Member

yea im about 70 bucks for that app and don't have a problem getting that. its a fair price, your way to low.
  8. overtona

overtona LawnSite Member

You guy are really making me rethink this. Luckily about 50% of my yards that I do are in my subdivision...so travel is minimal. I will be upping my price for next year for sure.
  9. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

That sounds about right to me. But the price per 1000 can go down some on larger yards.
  10. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my area. Still working on growing our client list but around $7-9 /k.