What do you charge for a Pre-m Application.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by overtona, Feb 16, 2013.

1. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

u must not have try-green in your area. i love when I'm competing against them and the customer says well trugreen...

2. jgrs7

jgrs7 LawnSite Member

Amen to that. Tru green price cuts like crazy in my area and do the worst work out of them all.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

last year in my area they went to $50.00 minimum, i wonder how long that lasted.. lol. when i worked there the avg price was $29.00. I assumed the sales people didn't know any number higher than 29 and that they assumed that there was no lawn in georgia that was really over 3k square feet. lol.

4. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

One thing I'd keep in mind is what you are exactly spraying. Are you just spraying pre only? No post? Full rate in one app?

Chemical cost for pre only should be very low. Prodiamine would cost me $11-15 per acre.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

If you think you are making $23 per application--don't forget to deduct a percentage for the expense of call-backs and redos for weeds or crabgrass. And then deduct your collection expense--keeping in mind perhaps 2 percent will never pay you.

6. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge $100 per yard , that's about 4K to 8K square ft
    Plus , I get $30 to spray the existing weeds , if there are any

I can't imagine doing it for $40 ,

7. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that the 65 WDG generic prodiamine? I'm considering using that on a few properties in the next week or so. I guess I'll have to buy a scale for weighing it. Oh yeah, I only work in Nash County :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  8. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Yes. It's a generic. Get some food scales.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Will do. Thanks.

10. cecropia11

cecropia11 LawnSite Member

I just put prodiamine 65 wdg down at .65 OZ per 1000 sq ft and after I did, we got like 1 inch of rain will it wash away at such a high rain amount, or does anyone think it will stay put ? also will that rate provide good control for crabgrass.