What do you charge for acreage?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Pastures, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

OK

Big, flat, no trees, no trimming.

25% weeds, 25% Bermuda grass, 50% fescue.

Already doing 2 other estates on the same block, so travel is nill.

4 acres to mow every other week @ 3".

I currently have a 52" Toro Z master and a 44" Toro W/B. Will be getting another 61" ZTR or a 61" Surfer.

How much per cut?

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not asking to figure out how much per cut using my equipment.............I could do that myself with the chart in the back of the Toro catalog. Then basing the time to cut on my hourly fee. I guess I'm just wondering if any of you alter your hourly price for doing bug jobl where you're just sitting on a mower going back and forth for a few hours.

Just your price for cutting 4 acres, is what I'm looking for.

3. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I cut 1.17 acres today, first time its been mowed this season, it was pretty high. The Exmark cut it in high gear (wb), but I did double cut the front and the side(about 1/4 acre). It took me 1 hour and 45 minutes. I priced it at $100.00:)

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

probably with my 72 and 60 I could do it in 55 or so minutes, from 120-160 per mow

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Call me a lowballer but this is what the local market seems to bear for that sort: $100 for 4 acres wide open nothing in it. If I could do that in just around or over 2 hrs with my Scag and sulky then that's $50 per hour. But look at it this way, with a 60" ZTR you could probably get close to double productivity making a cool $100 per hour! Time for a rig like Albemarle Lawn's big John Deere flexing deck wide area mower or a big ole' Toro Groundsmaster. They use alot of Groundsmasters around here anywhere from 60" to 12' and bigger. See them at parks and factory grounds. Probably make what $200 an hour with one of those?? :cool:

6. It was a factory without a single obstacle. 5 acres of sod acording to the GPS area calculator. Practically zero trimming.
    I quoted $150/cut.
    A guy with a ZTR is cutting it for "somewhat less".
    And doing a fine job too.:dizzy:
    I hope he's happy. I thought I was lowballing at $150 'cause it'd only take me about 45 minutes.
    Dave