What do you charge for clean-ups??

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by fastrunner, Nov 17, 2001.

1. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Slowing down up there Kris? LOL Thanks for the math lesson. I just figure $65/hour rounded out in 15 minute increments. Less chance to lose that way. Usually end up making $80/hr when all said and done with. ;)

P.S. You planning on coming down this way any time soon? Longwood Gardens has their X-mas display up now and if you've never seen it, it is awe inspiring!!!

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Yes as a matter of fact I just received an e-mail from a fellow student of theirs who is coming to Watertown for Turkey Day with her sister from DC (they should be stopping by the new digs either on the way in or out of NY).

I will try to set up my schedule to coincide with theirs so that we can go. I will get back at you when I find something out.

BTW I have seen the display and it is something to be desired. :D

Enjoy your Holiday!
    Kris

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i know it seems rather petty to charge down to the minute, but my help gets paid while traveling, and i dont, so i want my $1.08 for every minute. anyone else quote an hourly rate to customers? im trying it for the first time this season, and at first it was working out ok, now, i think im about 0 for my last 10 or 12 callbacks.

4. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

we quote by the job not by the hour

5. Mine breaks down to $1.25 a minute, and yes by the hour does go down to the minute.

EG: 1 hour 1 min. + $76.25

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Fastrunner,
    Where in Chicago are you? I know you aren't gettin those prices down on 111th street. Besides there aren't that many trees left in the old neighborhood.

Like I said, price is different in many areas. If you can get that kind of coin for a clean-up, thats great. If you are out in the North or Western burbs there is lots of cash to go around. Good Luck.

8. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

bbbbuurrrrrrr Watertown too darn cold.