What do you charge per acre?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Brandons Lawn Care, May 19, 2013.

1. Brandons Lawn Care

Brandons Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Im curious what some of you are charging per acre so I know what to charge. Im starting out with my own business and just started an account for 5 acres. I normally charge $50 per acre depending on the property but gave this person a quote of $200. She jumped on it so Im wondering if this was too low? Most of my accounts are under an acre. Can anyone give me a little advice? Its a smooth but has a few hills if that helps & about 10 trees. Thanks!
  2. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

What are you doing? What type of work?

If you are talking mowing if you can get 200 go for it 5acres here goes a little less

One thing you need to know how long it takes you to do a acre. See if you making you hourly rate x2

Myself I can mow 5 acres around 1 hr
  3. Brandons Lawn Care

Sorry should have been more clear, yes mowing & trimming. Im a 1 man operation so it should take me about 3 hours but thats just guessing, like I said, I just started and im running a exmark lazer z with 30hp kohler & 60" deck. My usual lawns are 1/4-1/2 acre & takes me about 20-45 mins depending on how much trimming im doing
  4. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a good account $65 per hour
  5. sno-mover

sno-mover LawnSite Member

I cut a yard that I estimate is about 6 acres and it takes 3 solid hrs of mowing plus an hr to trim and blow with a new 60" lazer moving about 75-80% speed most of the time. I charge 210
  6. Brandons Lawn Care

Well it took me 6 hours, mowing & trimming. The grass was longer and thicker than I had expected. It was a little late when i did the estimate. I still think I did ok. $200 - expenses is pretty good for me. thanks guys
  7. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Not terrible but not great. Hopefully it's get easier if this is a weekly account
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Just picked up a 1 acre property for $60 plus sales tax.