what do you charge , per hour?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by midlandlawncare, Dec 19, 2004.

1. midlandlawncare

midlandlawncare LawnSite Member

I charge $45-50hr to landscape, I do not charge for drive time or breaks , this is the rate for two people doing renovations, plantings,etc. and I don't charge for estimates or designs that i use. :waving: is this too high?

2. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

$50 per hr here for me and my machine. Two machines two operators=$100perhr. Materials extra. No $45 is not to high. I contract mostly for a set fee, I have made $500 perhr for one man and machine but that is rare.

3. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

for mowing $40/hr per man ..............for landscaping 65-125/hr per man

4. Allen's LS

Allen's LS LawnSite Member

So when you bid it out, do you just put what it will cost to do the job? Or do you specify that is your hourly rate?

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Bid the job as a package..Don't get too detailed in the line item descriptions. You can give away too much info to the wrong person / company by breaking down each segment of a bid into billed hours,hidden costs, etc..

BTW- $22.50-25.00 per man hour seems really low, no matter the area of the country you live in, but if that works there, and your market can't bring more, I understand..

6. midlandlawncare

midlandlawncare LawnSite Member

maybe, I should consider raising my rates,...... probably would be a good idea of pricing a job at a set price +- , instead of hourly , customers don't like the term , by the hour , they think you'll take your time , maybe I should estimate the amount of time a job will take , at $50-65 hr, and give a lump estimate, I usually do this , but this last guy wanted quote" (everything in his yard, to look nice, no budget, no specifics, so I re-mulched , replanted etc. hey , he just had a $70,000 building built to store HALF of his classic car collection, he's not much of a price haggler and is easy to impress landscape wise, so I can't complain.
    I ain't usually this lucky.

7. Allen's LS

Does anyone have examples of their bid forms?

8. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is the estimate sheet we use. This one has our old logo, but you get the general idea.

Chris

9. Allen's LS

Thanks Chris. That helps. I have been using a bid form that looks pretty much the same as my billing form. That may/does give too much info for the customer to nit pick. I think its time to get the new computer and proper software.

Kevin

10. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

Typically I get 75-100 per hour depending on the job and the crew size.Do not underbid yurself, youll regret it afterwards

Chuck