What do you Charge this year for a paver patio?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by allaboutlawns, Apr 8, 2007.

1. allaboutlawns

allaboutlawns LawnSite Member

Just trying to find out what companys a charging per a sq. ft. for a paver patio. I am thinking about raising my prices a little bit due to fuel prices but wanted to see everyones thoughts on it before I do, I have finished three paver jobs so far this year and have noticed my bottom line has increased a little over last years jobs.

2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

We're charging the same way we've charged for everything since the business started- Material cost + overhead + profit= price

Do a search on per square foot pricing. It's been discussed to death. Essentially psf pricing is NOT the way to be doing it.

3. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

As D Felix said square foot pricing is not the right way. You have to factor in the price of the paver, complexity of the pattern, amount of cutting, additional base prep, site access, etc.

Having said that we are getting $20-29 per square foot.

4. chris638

chris638 LawnSite Member

I'm moving to Wisconsin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

6. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually come out to $15-$17 ft/2 in the end.

7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Always calculate a price based entirely on materials, estimated production hrs, drive time per employee to and from, profit, and equipment expenses.

Our jobs will average anywhere from $15 / SF - $35 / SF.

The smaller the job - the higher the SF cost will average.

The larger the job - the lower the SF cost will average.

It costs the same to have 2 pallets delivered as it does to have 8 pallets delivered.

It costs the same to load/unload your tools and equipment for the job whether you're doing a 250 SF job or a 1632 SF job.

Which is why - larger jobs will average less and smaller will average higher.

With us, walkways always average way higher / SF than patios.

Notice: I used the word "average". All our jobs ore priced as stated in my first sentence. However, just for internal knowledge my job costing system will show the per SF cost for the job at hand, at the bottom of the screen. This number has very little relivancy to anything.

8. dchauling

dchauling LawnSite Member

So on a 10 x 10 patio. In an existing back yard with sod, you would charge 1500 - 3500 on your price ranges? That seems OK as I would be around $2000 -2200. We usually take the cost of the materials (+20%) add labour (inflated) + min 600 for the company per day on the site.

9. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

we have a minimum charge.

Depending on the time of year.

Our minimum charge is typically no less than $2500.00 if we're slow.

Or if we're steady with work - no less than $3,000.00.

Here in MD, with a 3 man crew, and indirect operating expenses - $600 / day would never suffice.