What do you charge?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by outrunjason, Feb 10, 2002.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

Basically what is everyone going to charge this year for Mowing, weedeating, string trimming, blowing. I know I used to charge $20 but I am going up.

Jason

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

That's an impossible question to answer. Properties are all different sizes. My minimum is $35 for residential.

3. outrunjason

from dallas

I forgot to add that in there. Minumum price. I have been hearing a lot of $30's.

Jason

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

You say you used to charge $20.00................when was that?

Have you done this type of work before?

Were you legal then?

5. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with 65Hoss.....you have to be more specific. The idea of placing a picture and asking for input on an estimate like you did in you other post is a better idea so everyone can see what they are estimating.

Oh.....and I would charge extra for eating weeds ! :D
    LOL

jeffyr

6. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

My min. is still $25. I mow almost exclusively 5,000 sq. ft. "flat" lawns. It seems that I've gotten a lot these accounts because most guys charge a min. of $30 here.

I price this into a monthly contract (Apr - Nov) and base the price on 26 cuts, but they usually get 23 or 24. So It's around $30 anyway. I net about $50/hour and that's ok w/me.

Ron

7. outrunjason

from dallas

I have set my minimum this year at $25. In 1999 I could not get a lawn for $25. The area that I was in was dominated by this company and they did lawns for $20. I have moved to a new area and am ready to go up. I put that pic up on there just to see what everybody thought.

Jason

8. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

My minimum is $25. I do have some $20 lawns that I am afraid to raise. Anything I have for $20 is less than 5000sqft. I dont want to lose easy lawns over $5. I make money on them. Most of my $20 lawns I raised to $23 last year. I thought that was a happy medium. All new lawns will be at least $25.