1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you charge?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by overtona, Apr 4, 2013.

1. overtona

overtona LawnSite Member

What do you charge for a basic fertilizer app on a residential yard that is 10k sq/ft? I've been charging $60 but I'm starting to rethink this price.
  2. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you think it's too much. Depends on how much the fertilizer costs and are you putting down the right amount ?
  3. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

How much is the fertilizer you're using for 10000 square feet and how long does it take you including a factor for getting the fert and going to the job site? Do you think you're too high? I also struggle with this since I don't want to price myself out of jobs but also don't want to do it for nothing. I've thought about a minimum price for any of the smaller jobs I do, but it's hard to determine what that should be.
  4. LFD 1249

LFD 1249 LawnSite Member

For just basic fert your price sounds a little high for around my area. But if its in a program. I would say $60-$70 per app sounds pretty competive. Again this is my location.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

On a 10k lawn fertilizer at 1 on N would cost around $15-17. If all you are doing is spreading Fert we will say you are there 15 minutes. So you would be billing out at 172 per hour. That's pretty great in my area.

Now you may be in an area where guys can charge 8-10 per k.
  6. dnc19694339

dnc19694339 LawnSite Member

I been charging $40 for the first 5k and $4 per 1k after that. That puts me at exactly $60 so I think your right on.

This is for my 4 app or 5 app program so it includes pre-m, 3 way and fert.

Friend of mine with 600 accounts in my area says im a little lower than him, hes about $70 on that lawn.